Saturday the 06.08.2011
The day started very badly for us and Bess. After the early morning wake-up call from Bess, Sabine got up and went to bring Bess downstairs.We had decided that the initial few days with us would be easier for Bess, if she slept with us in the bedroom, with her blanket, on the floor.However it obviously didn't go quickly enough for Bess, as she promptly started to pee all over our laminate flooring.Sabine rushed downstairs with Bess, where she proceeded with her "watering plan",and I started clearing up the mess upstairs. Meanwhile Sabine was downstairs trying to come to terms with the flooding.Needless to say after a few frantic minutes we managed to clear everything up and were then able to feed Bess and have breakfast.
Later that afternoon Sabine brought our daughter Samantha back to her flat in Sendenhorst a town which lies approximately 20km south-east of Münster. I decided that this would be the ideal opportunity to train Bess and see how she copes with being alone for a short period. This also gave me the chance to cut the grass. As our garden is quite small,approx.100qm, I thought that this time period (10-15 minutes) in which it took to mow the lawn would be acceptable. A pack of wolves wouldn't have been able to overtone our puppy, "but she has to learn to be alone" were the words which came to mind as i stopped myself from going to her, whenever her howling was heard over the engine noise of our mower. When I was finished I went indoors to congratulate Bess on her first successful "solitary confinement",only to find Sabine back from Sendenhorst, containing the next flooding and Bess tail wagging running to greet me.
This was going to be a day full of experiments. This should be the first night where Bess would spend downstairs in her basket. To this end I had "rescued" a panel of wood from our local dump and adapted it so that,when placed on the steps of our staircase,our Bess couldn't push or pull it in either direction. The time arrived to go to bed, and Sabine I went upstairs leaving a perplexed puppy downstairs alone. To cut a long story short, we and Bess had a peaceful night, but only after a short howling with the wolves concert, which was cut short through my very loud "QUITE".
Good night !
No comments:
Post a Comment