Friday, 5 August 2011

Bess and a new start. Friday the 10th of August



I started this Blog back in 2009, with a long meaningful title.The name is now irrelevant,as I managed only 3 posts in the last 3 years.Not bad going, 1 post per year.
The reason I have now changed the title and intend to post more regularly, is because Lotte my dog ,friend and family member had to be put down on the 12.07.2011. I had always loved my dog, and had a lot of fun and experiences with him over the last 13 and a half years, but I was not prepared for the deep feeling of loss and pain on that Tuesday. Following nearly 2 weeks of emptiness-No more walkies no more greetings when one came home , my wife and I decided that we must have a another dog.
This new member of our family could not and should not replace "Lotte", but would be treated as a personality of her own. After 3-4 days of intensive searching in the Internet,we(my Wife) found "Bess".The following day we drove the 120 km to where Bess lived and decided very quickly that this jumping,quivering, licking package should be our new family member.

As our 25th wedding anniversary was being celebrated that weekend in the form of a large garden party ( I remembered),we quickly decided that this was not the best time to bring Bess home to us, and arranged to pick her up the following Monday.
Needless to say the entire family could hardly wait until Monday morning, but it finally arrived.
We drove the 120km on Monday morning and arrived around 10 o'clock, where the final formalities were quickly finalised (payment and handing over the vaccine book). We drove home after many goodbyes and promises to keep in touch with emails and photos.
The journey was uneventful, Bess was only sick once and didn't whine at all.

I would like to post about my daily experiences with Bess, regardless of the nature. I expect a lot of funny episodes and perhaps some middle ranking disasters, varying from chewed shoes to destroyed furniture. Should anyone decide to read my posts, please bear in mind that I am no "Hemingway", and any grammatical errors are part and parcel. I would of course welcome any response, be it critic, advice or simply interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment